- 2- or 3-filter metal filter stage guide
- Combo filter frames
- Wide angle hood easily removable on set with captive screws
- Securing loop on main frame for crane and vehicle use
- Carbon Top/bottom flag
The lightweight matte box LMB-5 is equipped with two push-through 4×5.65 inch filter frames as well as with attachments for a light shield. The matte box is attached directly to the front ring of the lens with a clamp adapter of appropriate diameter.
The slip-on carbon fiber light shield is lightweight and compact and can always stay in place. During breaks in shooting or when transporting a completely set-up camera, the light shield can be folded flat against the front of the matte box to protect the filters or the front element of the lens.
- Continued compatibility with LMB-5 filter trays, adapter backs and light shields
- New extended coverage for wide-angle film and digital lenses
- New removable sunshade for closeups and inserts
- New user-switchable filter guide sets for both 2-stage and 3-stage operation
- New light shields can be attached both above and below for additional flare protection
- New 130mm back works with clamp-on rings from the Arri MB-20 mattebox system.
The ARRI LMB-15 is the perfect choice for those requiring a lightweight clamp-on mattebox solution. The 4 x 5.65 horizontally oriented filter trays slide into heavy duty machined guides with ease. The LMB-15 can be rapidly configured for two or three stage capacity.
The LMB-15 is compatible with LMB-5 filter trays, clamp adapter backs and carbon fiber light shields. For greater flexibility, the new 130mm back also works with clamp-on rings from the MB-20 system. The LMB-15 accepts ENG lenses as wide as 3.9mm and has a quick release removable sunshade for close-up applications.
|Minimum Focal Length ENG Lenses||3.9mm|
|Minimum Focal Length 16mm Lenses||6mm|
|Minimum Focal Length 35mm Lenses||14mm (to 180mm)|
|Maximum Number of 4 x 5.65 filters||3 filters|
- Filter Size: 4″ x 4″, 4″ x 5.65″, 4.5″ round
- Vertical and horizontal filter frames available
- 2, 3 and 4 trays stage available
- Swing away mechanism
- French flag holder
- Requires studio bridge plate, not for 15 mm lightweight support
- Top / bottom and side flags available
- Set of 6 masks available
4“x5.65” Production Matte Box MB-18 is a flexible wide-angle studio Matte Box that can be used with primes and many zoom Lenses. It is a useful alternative to MB-14 when a smaller build is desired. MB-18 requires a studio bridge plate.
|Min focal length 35 mm lenses||14 mm|
|Min focal length 16 mm lenses||7 mm|
|Max number of 4″ x 5.65″ filters||four 4″ x 5,65″ filters|
|Max number of 138 mm round filters:||one 138 mm round filter|
|Dimensions||300 x 250 x 115 mm|
|Weight||approx. 1,450 g (3 lbs)|
• ARRIs new and innovative patent-pending cage design allows for use of videography-style light shields
• without sacrificing durability, and gives full protection of the sunshade against shocks.
• Aside from the basic module and light shields, all parts from MB-20 System I compatible with System II
• Designed for film and digital cameras
• Works with wide-angle HD zooms
• Modular construction allows all mounting options
• Offers up to three independently rotating filter stages
• Accommodates a wide range of filter sizes
• All filters can be individually rotated and locked off
• Can be equipped with top, bottom, side flags and masks
• Provides an upgrade path as wider HD lenses come to market
• Locking swing-away lens access
• New patent-pending cage
By adopting a functional, modular approach, the ARRI MB-20 accommodates most modern lenses and standard filter formats. Whether the script calls for a traditional studio setup, handheld move or Steadicam shot, the ARRI MB-20 System adapts to each scenario without a hitch.
The Compact Mattebox easily adapts for use with lightweight support, bridgeplate support rods, or clamped on and supported by the camera lens. The swing-away mattebox system works with wide angle lenses and provides two or three independently rotating filter stages for filter sizes up to 5.65x 5.65. The ARRI MB-20 System includes a unique adjustment system to ensure precise fit. Optional top, bottom and side flags and masks are available for optimal light control.
5.65″x5.65″ Compact Matte Box MB-20 and MB-20 System II are modular systems that can be adapted for use on film and video camera lightweight supports, bridge plate support rods, or as a clamp-on sunshade.