- 16-bit RAW 4K and 2K Recording
- The AXS-R5 recorder allows the PMW-F55 and PMW-F5 to capture native 4K or derived 2K. RAW recording preserves the greatest latitude for color correction and other post processes. Sony RAW retains 16 times as many Red, Green and Blue gradations as 12-bit RAW and 64 times as many tones per channel as 10-bit recording.
- Simultaneous External and On-Board Recording
- The AXS-R5 provides for a coordinated “off-line/on-line” workflow with simultaneous recording for the F55 and F5 cameras to internal SxS cards and the AXS-R5 RAW recorder. Users get matching timecode, start frame, stop frame, file names and other metadata for seamless conforming in post.
- Up to 240 fps 2K RAW with F55 and F5
- The AXS-R5 allows you to record up to 240 fps 2K RAW with the F55 and F5, per necessary firmware updates installed on the cameras.
- Real World Workflows
- Sony understands that working cameras require practical workflows. That’s why the AXS-R5 is part of a larger production platform that includes affordable media cards, affordable card readers, free RAW Viewer software and compatibility with popular NLEs and finishing tools.
- Modular Design to Maximize Versatility in 2D and 3D
- The AXS-R5 is designed to “bolt-on” seamlessly to the F55 and F5 cameras, allowing the cameras to maintain a sleek, lightweight and ergonomic design. Both recorder and camera chassis are only slightly wider than a typical PL-mount prime lens, perfect for 3D rigs.
- Docks to PMW-F55, PMW-F5 and NEX-Fs700/IFR5 camera systems.
- Fully integrated with camera menu and user interface.
- Uses AXS-512S24 High Capacity Access Memory Card
- Records: 2K or 4K 16-bit linear RAW @ 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 50 and 59.94 base frame rates. (FS700 RAW is 12-bit).
- 2K S&Q 1~240 fps RAW to F55, F5
- 4K S&Q 1~60 fps Real-Time HD-SDI monitoring output (10 bit 4:2:2)
- 4-pin XLR DC power imput
- Single Accessory 4-pin Hirose DC power output connector
- Simultaneous 2K or HD proxy recording in camera head with identical file name, timecode and start stop timing.
- Compact size
- Given the samllersize of AXS-A type cards, currently shipping AXS-R5 include an AXS-A card adpater
The bolt-on Sony AXS-R5 recorder works with the PMW-F55 and PMW-F5 cameras to record the highest quality 16-bit RAW 2K/4K images. The recorder works with sleek, optional AXSM™ memory cards, which are compatible with an affordable optional USB 3.0 reader, the AXS-CR1. Once on a PC, the RAW files can be screened using Sony’s free RAW Viewer software. AXSM memory provides a super fast, affordable format for sensational quality recordings.
The Sony AXS-R5 Recorder enables 16-bit RAW 4K and 2K video recording on the PMW-F55 and PMW-F5 CineAlta cameras. With its “bolt-on” design, the recorder attaches to the rear of the camera for a sleek, tightly integrated form factor. Users can simultaneously record RAW files to the AXS-R5 recorder and 2K/HD with the camera’s built-in recorder. You get matching time code, start frame, stop frame, file names and other metadata for seamless conforming in post. The AXS-R5 also unlocks high speed frame rates up to 240 fps 2K RAW on the F55 and F5.
The starting point for an efficient workflow, the AXS-R5 recorder uses AXSM memory cards, which are compatible with the AXS-CR1 USB 3.0 reader (cards and reader are sold separately). Once on a PC, the RAW files can be screened using Sony’s free RAW Viewer software. Sony 16-bit linear RAW is also the ideal point of entry into the 16-bit linear Academy Color Encoding System (ACES) workflow. Sony’s 16-bit precision captures more tonal values than the human eye can differentiate, preserving every detail from every pixel for full exploitation in post-production.