- Full Resolution HD Monitoring
- HDLink connects SDI video directly to any supported DVI-D and DisplayPort based LCD computer monitor for incredible true HDTV resolution video monitoring. HDLink includes 3 Gb/s SDI for high resolution 2K film monitoring when connected to a large 30 inch DVI or DisplayPort display.
- Supports both DVI and HDMI
- HDLink supports all DVI-D and DisplayPort based digital computer displays and also includes HDMI video support. HDMI supports video at 1080i/50, 1080i/59.94 and 720p/59.94 on any HDMI device. DVI-D and DisplayPort supports displays at 1920 x 1200 (16:10) resolution for all 1080 HDTV formats. When working in 720 HDTV formats you can even use lower cost 1280 x 800 resolution display for pixel for pixel 720p viewing. When working in NTSC or PAL, HDLink can scale to fill the screen making viewing easier.
- World’s Highest Quality 3 Gb/s SDI in 4:4:4
- HDLink introduced the world’s first full HDTV resolution 4:4:4 monitoring solution that supports both standard definition SDI, HD-SDI and HD-SDI 4:4:4 for full resolution color monitoring. HD-SDI 4:4:4 features twice the color resolution. Conventional SD and HD video is 4:2:2 based, which limits color detail while 4:4:4 HD video preserves the full color detail which is important for critical keying and feature film work.
- Standard Definition, HDTV or 2K
- HDLink supports all SDI based formats from standard definition NTSC/PAL to HD-SDI 1080 and 720 and even 2K film resolution when used with DVI displays. HDLink features 3 Gb/s SDI, so also works with real time 2K monitoring as used on Blackmagic Design’s Multibridge Eclipse, Multibridge Pro and DeckLink HD Extreme. With HDLink you’ll get the best image quality possible with format compatibility guaranteed years into the future. HDLink’s SDI video input automatically switches between SD, HD and 2K. Unlike CRT based monitors, HDLink also supports all HDTV frame rates and formats including progressive HD formats.
- Color Management via 3D Lookup Tables
- For matching LCD display colorimetry and simulating various types of film stocks, HDLink Pro model features more advanced 3D lookup tables. Advanced 3D lookup tables increase color control because a blend of red, green and blue video can be output to each primary color on the connected display. Only advanced 3D lookup tables can give full color control for accurate simulation of almost any feature film stock.
- Supports LCD Displays
- HDLink supports DVI-D and HDMI based digital computer displays. For 1080 and 720 HDTV formats, a 1920 x 1200 (16:10) resolution display is recommended. However, if you’re working in 720 HDTV formats only, then a lower cost 1280 x 800 resolution display is recommended. When working in NTSC or PAL, HDLink can scale up the displayed image to fill the display making viewing easier.
- Analog Audio Monitoring Output
- Audio outputs are de embedded from the SDI input and then converted to analog at an incredible 24 bit. HDLink supports 6 channels out allowing easy monitoring of 5.1 surround sound audio. Audio is output on RCA connectors so you can easily connect to standard HiFi systems. If the connected display requires pull-down processing then HDLink will apply a variable audio delay ensuring perfect audio to video sync. To protect speakers and eliminate loud pops and other audio glitches, HDLink gently mutes the audio if video formats change or when SDI signals are connected and disconnected.
|Inputs/Outputs||SDI Video Input:
1 x BNC input switches between SD-SDI, HD-SDI 4:2:2, HD-SDI 4:4:4 and 2K via SDI or use 2 x BNC inputs for dual-link HD-SDI 4:4:4
SDI Video Output:
1 x BNC active loop through output switches between SD, HD 4:2:2, HD 4:4:4 and 2K
Multi Rate SDI Support:
270 Mbs standard definition, 1.5Gbs high definition 4:2:2
3Gbs 4:4:4 high definition and 2K film
Analog Audio Output:
6 x unbalanced 24 bit analog outputs on RCA connectors -10db, de-embedded from SDI input
DVI-D Video Output:
Supports SD, HD and 2K using Dual Link DVI-D displays up to 30 inches 2560 x 1600 in size
HDMI Video Output:
DVI-D to HDMI adapter; supports HDMI displays, such as a TV or video projector, up to 1920 x 1080 resolution
HDMI Audio Output:
DVI-D to HDMI adapter
Updates and Configuration:
USB 2.0 High Speed (480Mbs) interface
|Standards||2K Format Support via DVI-D:
2048 x 1556p23.98, 2048 x 1556p24 and 2048 x 1556p25
HD Format Support via DVI-D, HDMI:
720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60, 1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60, 1080p50, 1080p59.94, 1080p60
SD Format Support via DVI-D, HDMI:
625/25 PAL and 525/29.97 NTSC
SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 296M, SMPTE 425M-B, ITU-R BT.656, ITU-R BT.601 and SMPTE 297M for Optical Fiber SDI
SDI Video Sampling:
4:2:2 and 4:4:4.
SDI Color Precision:
4:2:2 10 bit and 4:4:4 10 bit
SDI Color Space:
4:2:2 YUV, 4:4:4 YUV and 4:4:4 RGB
SDI Audio Sampling:
Television standard sample rate of 48 kHz and 24 bit
Automatic adjustment using VESA E-EDID1.3
Pixel-for-pixel display on LCD displays
HDMI automatically configures to connected display
Pixel for pixel HD resolution input to connected device.
DVI-D connection to LCD computer monitor or HDMI Type A connection to HDMI display
Resolution via DVI-D:
1920 x 1200 required for HD1080 video SDI formats
1280 x 800 recommended for HD720 video SDI formats
2560 x 1600 required for 2K feature film formats
(DVI-D displays generally do not support 720p50 or 1080p50 but most recent HDMI displays do.)
Resolution via HDMI:
The HDMI input of a display must accept either:
1920 x 1080 for HD1080 video SDI formats
1280 x 720 for HD720 video SDI formats
Refresh Frame Rate for DVI:
Nominal 60Hz (48-72Hz recommended)
|Power||12VDC universal power supply (IEC power cable required)|
|Dimensions (HxWxD)||Not specified by manufacturer|
|Weight||Not specified by manufacturer|
1) Power Supply
1) DVI-D to HDMI Adapter
The world’s most advanced full resolution 2D/3D HDTV and 2K monitoring for DVI, DisplayPort and HDMI monitors. Includes the quality of 4:4:4 SDI video, lookup tables via USB and analog audio outputs. HDLink will solve all your monitoring needs.
The HDLink Pro DVI from Blackmagic is an HDTV-resolution monitoring converter for DVI and HDMI monitors. Designed to eliminate the high cost usually associated with HDTV monitoring, it includes 6 channels of RCA analog audio out, 3D lookup tables, Dual Link 3Gbs SDI input, single link 3Gbs SDI loop-thru output, and support for 24″ displays for HD monitoring and 30″ displays for real-time 2K monitoring.