Camera Service Technician
Hollywood Camera is an industry leader in the sales, rental, service and training of new acquisition tools for film, digital cinema, high-speed, new media and communications. We serve professionals and serious content creators working at all levels of production. Hollywood Camera is looking for a Camera Service Technician to assist with the servicing and cleaning of equipment.
This tech position is responsible for timely calibration and repair of Hollywood Camera’s rentals including RED Epic, Dragon, Scarlet, ARRI Alexa, Amira, Sony F-55, Sony F-65, Sony FS7, Canon C500 as well as Professional Camera Accessories to prescribed protocols and quality standards. This employment position offers a great opportunity to join a respected team of service professionals and receive invaluable training on the many product lines.
- Knowledge of the RED Epic, Dragon, Scarlet, ARRI Alexa, Amira, SONY F-55, F-65, FS7, and CANON C500. As well as a knowledge base of all menus of above referenced cameras.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Knowledge of different lenses, filters, matte boxes, cables, sticks, media storage, recorders, and monitors.
- Knowledge in basic electronics i.e. reading of schematics, soldering, basic repairs of circuit board.
- Familiarity with Mac operating system, Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat X.
- Exceptional Customer Service skills (friendly, courteous and helpful).
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot and repair various types of cameras and video equipment, both mechanically & electronically.
- Work is highly technical, involving disassembling and reassembling of cameras to troubleshoot them.
- Assess the level of damage and determine the best way to proceed with a repair.
- Once a repair is completed, technician is required to clean all equipment before returning to inventory.
- Operate measuring equipment to calibrate parts. Knowledge of surface plates, height gauges, indicators and knowledge of operating in tenths. (0.001 inches).
- Responsible for handling inventory and addressing customer questions and issues.
- Manufacture support cables for electronic equipment.
- Ability to shim Lenses.
- Maintain video monitors, tripods, camera heads, and all other camera items (collectively referred to as “camera gear”) by cleaning and preserving the integrity of the equipment.
- Package equipment and ensure the appropriate camera gear and supporting equipment is arranged together appropriately prior to leaving the Camera Service Department.
- Assist in maintaining the camera storage area by organizing excess gear.
- Communicate with the Camera Service Manager and supervisor on gear maintenance and subsequent support of equipment.
- Lifting up to 40-50 lbs. of cases and/or equipment.
- Sitting and standing for long periods of time.
- Potential overtime required.
Salary and Benefits:
- *Competitive hourly wage.
- *Medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- *Vacation, holiday, and sick pay.
- *Retirement Plan.
To apply for this position, please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hollywood Camera is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, trains, hires, and promotes employees without regard to race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation or any other protected class. Hollywood Camera is a camera rental house that provides customers with world-class service and top-quality products.
*After a six-month review, full-time employees will be open to Salary & Benefits listed above.